Founded in 1868, the Holland Free Methodist Church has been sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with the Holland/Springfield community for more than 150 years. The vision of the founders of the Free Methodist Church was to “maintain the Biblical standard of Christianity, and to preach the gospel to the poor.” This vision carries through into the present day as we uphold Biblical truth and strive to follow Christ’s example of service to others.
Fifty-three lead pastors have served since the work in Holland began. The church has had a definitive role in the history of the Holland and Springfield community.
The original church building stood at the corner of Hall and Maumee Streets near the present day Springfield Schools. The building was moved to its present location on Angola Rd in 1962. A new sanctuary and classrooms were completed in 2002.